I visited Texty Ladies blog today and they had a survey. I thought it was interesting, so I thought I’d post it here! Visit their blog to see more!
1. Who is your favorite author? Nicolas Sparks and Marian Keyes
2. What genre do you read most? Fiction and literature
3. Have you ever purchased an ePub? No, I never purchased it. Adobe had a few books that could be downloaded for free a couple of years ago.
4. Who is your favorite ePub to buy from and why? I can’t answer that…
5. What is your favorite eBook reader and why? I typically read paperback books.
6. Do you prefer reading stories in the first or third person? Either way, they’re both fun!
7. What takes you out of a story? I don’t really know. The last book I read really irritated me (I was only in the first chapter) because the writer said, “Ding, Ding, Ding.” She otomatopiaed, signaling the correct answer. Besides, I’m not a dumba$$, I know what an otomatopia is. If you want to write otomatopia, then don’t insult my intelligence by defining the word…even if I don’t know what it means, I’ll go look it up! I mean, come on! I couldn’t take it. I didn’t know if the author was going to insult me again, but why take the chance! That’s where I stopped and while I haven’t thrown the book away, I will find a good home for it! (maybe in my cat’s litterbox!)
8. Do you find any storylines tired and out of date? Nah, not really. I’m pretty open as far as storylines go.
9. Do you need a happy ending? It doesn’t have to be a happy ending, it just has to be a good ending…where I feel there is some resolution. The kind of ending that makes me think about the characters and what might happen in the future.
10. What keeps you visiting a blog? It’s got to grab my attention in some way or we have similar interests. I am trying to keep up a little bit more by using Bloglines blog reader. If blogs aren’t updated at least every couple of days and I visit, I feel like I’m wasting my time. If I visit and there hasn’t been a post in at least 30 days, I will most likely never go back! (unless you’re my friends or family and then I’ll harass you until you post again!)
2 thoughts on “A Texty Lady Survey”
Wonderful replies! 😉 If we do a ‘best answers’ post, your number seven is going to be there:)
Great answers, Amber! Jane’s right about number seven. Too true and too funny! 🙂