Well, I decided what I’m going to go back to school for.
So please, if you’re standing, take a seat, if you’re seated, stand up and then sit back down because this is not something that you’ll expect from me. Or maybe it really isn’t that much of a shocker…I do tend to have a knack to go for the shocker! LOL
So, I’ve decided that I’m going to try nursing.
There were many reasons that I choose this field.
- Rob really wants me to go back to school to get more education. I really want to go back to school, too.
- I decided that maybe I’ll try nursing. I’m still not sure how I feel about it, but it’s kind of the same feeling I had when I started waiting tables. I didn’t love the idea, but I have very fond memories of doing it. I’m very nervous about it because I didn’t do well in Chemistry the first time around. I have an “F” in it. It’s the only reason that I don’t have a 3.0 graduating GPA. But for the last 30 hours of school (not counting student teaching) I have a 3.8 GPA–that means something, right?
- There is some irony in this decision, however. My ex-husband’s mother was a teacher and I became a teacher while I was married to him. My current husband’s mother AND sister are both nurses. Rob’s ex-wife is also a nurse
- When I told him that I was considering it, he was literally shocked stupid. He did not know how to respond to my news.
- He has since warmed up to the idea that nursing might not be a bad career choice for me
- I’ve decided that I don’t necessarily want to become a journalist or a photographer because I need a hobby and if I did it for a career, they wouldn’t be my hobbies anymore!
- Maybe I don’t need to be in love with a career. It should just be something that I can do, do well and make a few bucks at. Save the love for my husband, my pets and my hobbies.
- I haven’t decided what field to pursue, but my mother in law mentioned something that REALLY got the wheels turning. Be a nurse at a VA hospital. It would utilize my Federal Service, I would be working with a variety of people who have served our country and I can relate because I myself have served in combat. Either that or pediatrics. I love kids and Jewels told me that I should really consider that path, as well. But working at the VA really interests me!
So, that’s it. I told you that I would let you know when I have made a decision–so there you have it!
Thanks for reading and have a great day! 🙂