Well, I decided what I’m going to go back to school for.
So please, if you’re standing, take a seat, if you’re seated, stand up and then sit back down because this is not something that you’ll expect from me. Or maybe it really isn’t that much of a shocker…I do tend to have a knack to go for the shocker! LOL
So, I’ve decided that I’m going to try nursing.
There were many reasons that I choose this field.
- Rob really wants me to go back to school to get more education. I really want to go back to school, too.
- I decided that maybe I’ll try nursing. I’m still not sure how I feel about it, but it’s kind of the same feeling I had when I started waiting tables. I didn’t love the idea, but I have very fond memories of doing it. I’m very nervous about it because I didn’t do well in Chemistry the first time around. I have an “F” in it. It’s the only reason that I don’t have a 3.0 graduating GPA. But for the last 30 hours of school (not counting student teaching) I have a 3.8 GPA–that means something, right?
- There is some irony in this decision, however. My ex-husband’s mother was a teacher and I became a teacher while I was married to him. My current husband’s mother AND sister are both nurses. Rob’s ex-wife is also a nurse
- When I told him that I was considering it, he was literally shocked stupid. He did not know how to respond to my news.
- He has since warmed up to the idea that nursing might not be a bad career choice for me
- I’ve decided that I don’t necessarily want to become a journalist or a photographer because I need a hobby and if I did it for a career, they wouldn’t be my hobbies anymore!
- Maybe I don’t need to be in love with a career. It should just be something that I can do, do well and make a few bucks at. Save the love for my husband, my pets and my hobbies.
- I haven’t decided what field to pursue, but my mother in law mentioned something that REALLY got the wheels turning. Be a nurse at a VA hospital. It would utilize my Federal Service, I would be working with a variety of people who have served our country and I can relate because I myself have served in combat. Either that or pediatrics. I love kids and Jewels told me that I should really consider that path, as well. But working at the VA really interests me!
So, that’s it. I told you that I would let you know when I have made a decision–so there you have it!
Thanks for reading and have a great day! 🙂
4 thoughts on “Decisions have been made”
That’s exciting! Good luck with the rest of your decisions! The VA would be pretty cool.
Interesting idea, especially the VA hospital part. My mother has been a Hospice nurse for years. The world can’t have too many people like her (and you).
Nursing sounds like a natural fit. You already have experience in caring for and serving others. It’s so great that you’ve made this decision and I think you’ll make a wonderful nurse!
I think this is a wonderful idea! I started out in nursing & wish I would have stuck with it.
You’re going to be a great nurse!!!